Because companies are active on social media more than ever, it’s important to investigate multiple online resources.
Here are some tips to help you in your search:
1. Don’t underestimate the hashtags. You can use different social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest to find jobs just by using a hashtag. So many job openings are now posted using the magical #. While sorting through different postings, you can take the time to get to know companies that are active on social media.
2. Facebook. This popular networking site is a great source for job announcements. You may find friends sharing job openings, or you can join different groups where you can gather more information about new opportunities that you may like. You can also look for relevant groups to meet new people that are also interested in the same field.
3. Instagram. You can follow different corporate accounts on Instagram, as companies are now using this platform to attract more employees. Use hashtags, or look for other related companies and organizations you are interested in.
4. Pinterest. This platform is not only for crafty types. Some recruiters are now posting job opportunities on Pinterest to attract more candidates. Look for pinboards that are related to career postings, along with companies that may have official accounts.
5. Craigslist. Don’t forget the job boards on Craigslist, as recruiters post jobs on this site, too. However, be cautious and thoughtful when considering job postings from this platform. Never share your social security number and other personal information online. As with any listing on any site, check the background of the company and any people you are communicating with before you decide to jump in.