This is why using a 30-60-90 day business plan is a good career move. It will aid you in understanding the position you’re applying for and making yourself stand out from all the other candidates vying for the job.
What is a 30-60-90 day business plan, anyway? It’s a sketch of your business plan that can be used to put your skills and abilities forward and demonstrate how you’ve thought out your plans for your career. More specifically, it is a written outline of what you expect or intend to complete and achieve in the first three months after you’re hired – what you intend to accomplish. It can help you succeed in the interview phase and get a new job or start a career.
While spending time and effort to create this kind of plan involves some work, it’s worthwhile because it will surely pay off for both you and your potential employer. Why?
- It clearly shows that you are serious about the position you’re applying for;
- It means that you are committed to being a part of the company;
- It demonstrates how you intend to contribute to the growth and development of the company;
- It is an example of your ability to plan, work independently, and set goals; and
- It will impress the potential employer and will convince that person that you’re ready for the job
Aside from the aforementioned reasons why you should write a 30-60-90 day plan, there are also benefits that you’ll receive after you’ve started the job:
- It will help you understand the parameters of the job;
- It will allow you to appreciate and comprehend the requirements of the job; and
- It will assist you in figuring out whether you like the job or not
The 30-60-90 day business plan is one of the best ways to show your skills and get the job offer. No matter what kind of job it is that you’re applying for, you’ll have the power to eliminate many of the other candidates with this strategy.